1809 - The Light Division, on the left bank of the Tagus, near Almaraz, engaged with the French and covered the march of the rest of the Army along the right bank.
1917 – 2nd Bn OXF & BUCKS LI – CAMBRIN.
The Regiment was relieved by 2/HLI and moved into Support occupying the Braddell Point Headquarters which were still in course of construction:
A Coy North of Canal
D Coy Inside Left Company with Headquarters in Old Brigade Headquarters near Woburn Abbey.
C Coy Inside Right Company with Headquarters at Junction of Village Line with Mountain Lane.
B Coy Right Company with Headquarters in Braddell Castle.
1917–1/1st Buckinghamshire Battalion – ROAD CAMP ST JAN TER BIEZEN.
Training carried out as per Programme (see 3rd Sept)
Chaplain & 25 OR, mostly NCOs sent to seaside by lorry, starting from camp at 7am, returned about 8pm.
Following Officers went to special course at XVIII Corps VOLKERINCHOVE –
CAPTs G R CROUCH, J B HALES, H J PULLMAN,
LTs J E FIRMINGER, H J H NEWTON,
2/LTs F G VAUGHAN, B C RIGDEN, P A MORFEY.
This left only 7 Officers with battn incl of MO & TO.
Ration Strength 7 Officers 757 OR
1920 – A Series of Army Numbers (from 537401 to 542900) to replace Regimental Numbers.