Based on extracts from - A short history of the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, 1741-1922 for the young soldiers of the Regiment. By R.B. Crosse
On October 4th, 1902, the 43rd returned from active service to England, and were quartered at Chatham,
The year 1903 was an eventful one for the Regiment. When it opened the 52nd was still at Bombay, but moved in February to Poona. July 17th, the hundredth anniversary of the 43rd being made a Light Infantry regiment, was celebrated at Chatham by trooping the Colour and by a large gathering of past members of the 43rd and 52nd. In September the 43rd embarked for another tour in India, in relief of the 52nd who sailed for home in October, also to be quartered at Chatham, after handing over more than five hundred men not yet due for transfer to the home establishment.
The 43rd were quartered at Umballa and moved in 1905 to Lucknow.
1908, was another eventful one. In April changes were made in the 1881 organization, whereby the two battalions of Militia were replaced by a new 3rd, now to be called " Special Reserve" Battalion, and the Territorial Force replaced the Volunteers. This, involving as it did the disbandment of the old 3rd Battalion, or Royal Bucks, King's Own, Militia, brought about the last change in the territorial title, and the Regiment became the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry.
In December 1908 the 43rd moved to Burma (Thayetmyo, Meiktila, and Mandalay), returning to India (Wellington) in 1910.
In 1913 the 43rd moved to Ahmednagar, after which no further changes of station were made by either 43rd or 52nd before mobilization in 1914.