1st Pattern worn from 1908 on both Khaki Service Dress and the Grey Full Dress uniforms.
In 1916 the War Office took over the supplying of badges and shoulder titles to all Regular, Territorial and New Army or Service Battalions. It is believed that this title stems from around this time.
ACI 1338/ 1916. Supply of cap badges and shoulder titles to Territorial Force units. ‘With reference to ACI 655 of 1916, the AOD will after this date, provide and supply cap badges and shoulder titles to the Territorial Force serving at home and overseas.
Stocks of badges and titles held by the TF Associations surplus to reasonable requirements for the outfitting of recruits will be sent immediately to the Chief Ordnance Officer, Royal Army Clothing Department, Pimlico, SW and further surplus quantities delivered by contractors on the existing contracts will be transferred to that Officer as soon as they are passed to the Association Store.
For the duration of the war titles and badges differing in some cases from those hitherto authorised for TF units will be provided. a metal letter ‘T’ which will be issued loose.
This title was believed to have been introduced into service during World War One. It was the pattern worn on the reformation of the Territorial Army in 1920 and continued to be worn until World War Two.
Cloth shoulder title believed to have been worn during WW1
Regimental Flash introduced on 16 August 1940 It only appears to have been worn by the 1st Buckinghamshire Battalion and continued to be worn post war.
Regimental Designation as published in ACI 905 dated 12 June 1943.
This designation was not worn by the Battalion as the CO refused to adopt it on the grounds that the Buckinghamshire Battalion was a“Rifle” unit and should have green titles. The Battalion had won the right to wear the Green “Rifles” Arm of Service strip in 1941. The battalion continued to wear the regimental flash.