1825 – 52nd - Lieut -Colonel James Fergusson appointed to the command of the 52nd, vice Sir John, Colborne, promoted.
1916 –2nd Bn Oxf & Bucks LI – COUY-SERVINS.
The following officers joined for duty:
Capt A N Carew-Hunt, Lt F W Chippindale, Lt P L C Webster, Lt J D Belgrave.
All these officers had been previously wounded while serving with the Regiment.
The Regiment took over trenches in 2nd Division BERTHONVAL left sub-sector (VIMY RIDGE) in relief of 1/Royal Berkshire Regiment, 99th Infantry Brigade.
Regimental Headquarters in ZOUAVE VALLEY.
A very great amount of work necessary on the trenches, this being part of the front on which the 47th Division had been driven back on May 21/22. The whole area showed indications of a very severe bombardment by the enemy, but the “battlefield” had of course been very well cleared up. The front of the regiment described by trenches named officially was from VINCENT STREET inclusive on the right to ERATZ AVENUE exclusive on the left.
The front line was held by the 2 flank companies, 3 being in the line, in order A, B, D, B Coy being in second line except at night, the front line being in an untenable unfinished condition.
There was no second line for the left front company and a very poor semblance of one for the right company. On the right were the 24th Royal Fusiliers, 5th Infantry Brigade and on the left the 18th battalion, The Kings (Liverpool) Regiment of 6th Infantry Brigade.
Very quiet night and early morning.
1916 – 1/1st Buckinghamshire Battalion – NEUVILLE
Battalion in Billets.
March to ST. RIQUIER for Field training. Finished close to MILLENCOURT.
Lieut Colonel L C HAWKINS damaged his shoulder owing to a fall from his horse.
Major L L C REYNOLDS assumed Command.