1901 – 1st Bn Oxf LI – occupied Rhenoster River line of Blockhouses.
1914 - 2nd Bn Oxf & Bucks LI - Attacked and routed the Prussian Guard at Battle of Nonne Bosschen. (First Battle of Ypres)
Killed=2nd Lieutenant J JONES and 4 men=5. Wounded= Lieutenant C S BAINES and 18 others =19. Missing=3. Total=27
1918 - Armistice with Germany declared
1918 – 2nd Bn OXF & BUCKS LI – VILLERS POL.
Notification received that Hostilities would cease at 11.00 hours.
The Regiment paraded at 09.30 hours for Route Marching, the starting point being the Village Church. The route was through MARESCHES, in which village the 2/4th battalion of the Regiment was billeted. The return to billets was at 11.00 hours.
The broad outlines of demobilisation and Educational Schemes were received.
1918 –1/1stBuckinghamshire Battalion – PORTULE to GRANEZZA.
Battn paraded at 07.30 & marched GRANEZZA arriving about 12.40 hrs.
Route:- VAL D’ASSA - CAMPOROVERE – ASIAGO - PRIA DELL ACQUA.
2 Coys bathed in evening.
Official notification received at 15.00 hours that Germany had signed an Armistice – No very Great Excitement.
Ration Strength: 24 Officers 630 OR Casualties: NIL
1918 – 1/4th Bn Oxf & Bucks LI – VALLE DI PORTULE.
Moved from VALLE DI PORTULE to GRANEZZA.
Started 8 am, arrived 11.30 am.
Order of march:- HQ, C, D, A, B Coy's.
The band came out to ASIAGO to meet the Bn.
Whole Bn billeted between 12 noon & 3.45 pm.
Rest of day spent in getting ready for the move tomorrow to the Plain.
1918 - 2/4th Bn Oxf & Bucks LI - MARESCHES.
News that armistice has been signed received at Battalion at 0900 hours.
This was announced on Battalion parade which was held on the same ground as had been the scene of the SAINT HUBERT battle of 1st and 2nd of the month.
Three cheers were given for the KING and the National Anthem played by the Band.
The morning’s programme a scheme repeating the attack of the previous week was then carried out.
Casualties. Lieut. V.S. WILKINS died (influenza).
1923 – The Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry -
THE Regimental War Memorial, a handsome stone obelisk, twenty-nine feet high, designed by Sir E. Lutyens, R.A., stands at the junction of the Henley and Cowley roads near Iffley.
It commemorates the loss of 5,878 officers and men in the War of 1914-19, and was unveiled on Sunday, November 11th, 1923, by Maj.-Gen. Sir John Hanbury-Williams, G.C.V.O., K.C.B., C.M.G., Colonel of the Regiment.
1931 – The Regimental Memorial Chapel was dedicated in Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford by the Bishop of Oxford at 12 noon. The Colonel of the Regiment handed over to the Dean the Chapel and the Roll of Honour.