1811 -The Light Division - crossed the Tagus.
1916 –2nd Bn Oxf & Bucks LI – PETIT-SERVINS
Temporary /2nd Lieutenant W R Goffe joined the regiment on first appointment to a commission from the Motor Machine Gun Corps and was posted to D Coy (Capt Kite).
1916 – 1/1st Buckinghamshire Battalion – SAILLY
Battalion in Bivouacs.
Half the Battalion working by Day & Half by Night
1944 - 13th June -16th August -2nd (Airborne) Bn Oxf & Bucks LI- Engaged in Holding the Bridgehead on the eastern flank of the Normandy front.
1944 - 2nd (Airborne) Bn, Oxf & Bucks LI –HEROUVILETTE to ST COME.
At 0215 hrs Brigade ordered the Regiment to move to area SOUTH of BREVILLE under command of 3 Para Brigade - relieving 9 Para Bn.
The attack on BREVILLE had not been as successful as was hoped and we were ordered to prevent the ENEMY forming up between BREVILLE and our position at all costs.
The Regiment moved out from HEROUVILLETTE at 0500 hrs and reached the new location 135736 at 0700 hrs.
We began to strengthen defensive positions and clear fields of fire immediately.
Place: St Come
A very strong defensive position had been built up by 1300 hrs although the area was being subjected to intermittent mortar & shell fire which caused a small number of casualties before the positions had been completed.
Coys sent out recce patrols during the night to locate and if possible identify the enemy.
1944 - 1st Buckinghamshire Battalion - NORMANDY
With the arrival of Lieutenant-Colonel Wreford Brown to act as commander of No. 5 Beach Group the headquarters of No. 6 Beach Group was moved to Lion-sur-Mer at 0700 hrs. on the 12th June (D plus 6) and responsibility for the beaches was handed over.
No. 6 Beach Group was now solely responsible for the beach maintenance area, but A and B Companies, 1st Bucks, working beaches, remained under command of No. 5 Beach Group.
From the time that headquarters, No. 6 Beach Group, moved to Lion-sur-Mer these matters of the beaches were left to No. 5 Beach Group, and we were able to concentrate on the administration of the dump area. This proved a much easier problem, as by the 12th June dumps had been established most efficiently, initial difficulties had been solved, and the machine had had time to run itself in.